Hi #GYNEGirls, #Preggos, & #GENTs! It’s ME Dr. Drai- America’s OBGYN. FEBUARY is HERE and LOVE is in the air. I love this month NOT ONLY for Valentine’s Day but it is also HEART Health month. You know heart disease is the #1 killer of women. I will be blogging about this topic don’t worry. Let’s get to some “Medical T’s” (TIPs). Did you know that being in LOVE can affect your body? YASSS Hunni. I know right? In the words of Toni Braxton…How many ways, I love you, Let me count the ways… Chile Dr. Drai will count 7.
- Dopamine, the chemical responsible for euphoria, is released in the brain. This is why you feel HIGH as a KITE when you fall DEEP in love.
- The mind has a difficult time focusing on tasks. This is why you are so forgetful when LOVE strikes. You can only think of your NEW BOO. Been There Done That.
- Oxytocin, a hormone responsible for womb contractions in labor and milk production, is also released from the brain. This hormone makes you be more intimate. All of a sudden you want to cuddle & kiss; now you know why! See #GYNEGirls you need this hormone even if you are not #Preggo.
- Being in LOVE is like taking morphine; it can reduce pain. Interesting right?
- Lower levels of serotonin, another hormone, makes you blinded to your boo thang’s undesirable traits. That’s why ya’ll never listen to feedback especially if it’s negative from your momma, bestie, OR Dr. Drai. LOL!
- There are pheromones, chemicals released in the air, that are put off by the new #GENT you LOVE. Maybe that’s why we wear our man’s football jerseys, boxers, and T-shirts. Go figure?
- Norepinephrine, a chemical released during stress, makes you feel flustered. Your heart rate increases AND your palms sweat when you see your BAE.
As you just read my #GYNEGirls, Love will make the hormones and chemicals in your body go wild. BUT don’t let LOVE FOOL you- always protect yourself. #SafeSex is the only sex to have. You know Dr. Drai the sexpert had to put that in somewhere. Until next time…[#GYNEGirls]