Hi #Preggos! It’s ME Dr. Drai- your FAV OBGYN. I AM BACK…Hunni- I’ve missed you so. Dr. Drai has been so busy WERKing chile. Doing media interviews, catching babies, doing surgery, teaching DOCs, and seeing you #Preggos in the office is ALL in an average day’s work for me. FALL is in the air. AUGUST is almost gone. Dr. Drai is a lil’ embarrassed because he FORGOT to tell you something very VERY important. It’s #BREASTFEEDING Awareness Month. YAY! Of course, Dr. Drai has to spill some “Medical T” (TIPS) on this topic. I love IT when I deliver a kiddo and mom lets me put them immediately on her bare chest. Kangaroo Care is the ONLY care! The kid always seems to make their way right to the BOOBs. Maneuvering through a pelvis while having YOUR body squeezed is enough to make anyone hungry RIGHT? Let Dr. Drai remind you of the BENEFITs of breastfeeding.
Benefits for the Kiddies
- your baby will get antibodies to protect them from diseases immediately. Because your antibodies are for diseases present in you, they are custom-made JUST for your baby. Breast milk is SO COOL!
- your kiddo will have reduced risk of allergies or asthma. Raising a child with allergies to milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts, or grass is NO FUN!
- your little one will be the class valedictorian. Breastfed babies have higher IQs.
- your bambino will less likely be fluffy. We all know the problems with obesity-high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, & heart problems. The list goes on & ON…Give your little guy a chance!
- your kid will have good jaw development & growth of straight and healthy teeth as an infant. She’ll have that COLGATE smile! Watch out #HoneyBooBoo! LOL!
- your baby will enjoy a sense of security from the act of nursing & immediately form an attachment to you. Awww…So precious.
Benefits for #Moms
- you lose weight from the extra calories burned. Time to put BACK on that FREAK’em Dress! Big shout out to the #BeyHive.
- your uterus will contract back to its original size. No more Spanx OR Girdles ladies! Well maybe…
- your risk of breast and ovarian cancer will be lowered. We need all the help we can get in this “processed food” world.
- you ease the high stress levels often associated with being a new mom. You don’t have to measure formula, sterilize nipples, or warm bottles. Less stress = more quality time with your baby AND #BabyDaddy.
- you don’t have to buy formula. Breastfeeding is #FREE99 (in my best Kanye West voice). Yes- #FREE99.
Dr. Drai’s ONLY Recommendation
Moms- you need to give your baby exclusive breast milk for the first six months of their life. Try to breastfeed up to at least two years. DO IT FOR YOUR KID (NOT THE VINE)! There are too many benefits NOT to. See…Breastfeeding is DaBOMB.com! Some moms have trouble breastfeeding and THAT’s OKAY. Nothing is wrong with you. A baby’s got to eat right? Formula IT IS then…At least YOU TRIED!
- If possible, breastfeed within an hour after your baby’s birth.
- To be the most comfortable, put your nipple as far back in your baby’s mouth as possible.
- Breastfeed your baby regularly and frequently, as often as every two hours and at least eight times in a 24-hour period.
- Unless advised by your DOC or midwife, do not give your baby sugar water or formula.
- Air dry your nipples to prevent cracking and soreness.
- Try to stay as healthy as possible by eating a balanced diet, resting as often as possible and drinking plenty of fluids, including water.
- Be patient. It will take time for you and your baby to learn how to breastfeed.
Any question you have on the wonderful world of breastfeeding, click here
Until next time #Preggos…
OTHER POSTS YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT…
- How to Talk to Your Husband About Sex
- Can Losing Weight Help Improve Your Sex Life?
- 7 NEW Things You Need to Know About Cervical Cancer by Dr. Drai
- Dinner With Dr. Drai Book Tour
- 20 Things You May Not Know About The Penis by Dr. Drai
- 5 TIPs to Tighten your Vagina by Dr. Drai
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Plan B by Dr. Drai
- 9 Tips to Improve Intimacy by Dr. Drai